Pages - Menu

17.1.15

What I Bought - January 17

Apologies for my lack of blogging for the past few months. I had pretty much zero motivation to write anything, including a very failed attempt at Nanowrimo. But I'm back!

Grocery shopping today was awesome. I had a moment in the supermarket where I realised I had to buy food- REAL food- so I wouldn't be tempted to pop down to the store for an ice cream every time I was hungry. Which I admit had been happening sometimes, shame on me. Bad for my waistline and for my wallet.

I hadn't been very well prepared lately- I hadn't been making shopping lists or checking what I already had, so I would often get bored, or not have anything in the fridge I could eat. The last 3 days I had been eating whatever was keto that I could find in the fridge- a lot of snacks of celery and dip, ground beef made into patties, and macadamias I'd found stockpiled in the cupboard.

Today's list:
1 lettuce $1.99
Sour cream $1.19
Bunch of spring onions $1.79
Bunch of celery $1.99
500g mushrooms $3.49
Bag of baby spinach - $1.99
Pork leg roast - $14.27 - $4.99/kg
Thickened cream - $2.19
Lamb rump steak - $8.94
Scotch fillet steak - $14.91 (for 4 steaks!)
Rump steak - $6.09
Kransky sausages (3 pack) - $2.99
Turkey mince (500grams) - $3.99
Halloumi (250grams)- $4.99
Spinach dip - $2.49
Canned tomatoes x2 - $1.18
Greek Yogurt - $2.99
Sugar free energy drink x2 - $1.98
Tomato paste - $1.29
Broccolini x2 bunches - $3.98

Total - $87.00

And for him:
Pack of 6 hot dog buns: $1.89
1kg of peaches: $1.99
1.8kg of sausages (that I refuse to cook or even look at because they are so gross!):$6.89
Total = $10.77

Grand total - $97.77 - $22.23 under budget :)

Not bad considering how much meat I bought!
I have enough at least for 5 dinners- plus leftovers of the pork roast and kransky sausages for lunches and dinners. I also have plenty of ground beef and a whole chicken in the freezer to use up.

I might go to Coles during the week and get some different cheese with my last $22. All I have is a little smoked gouda and some regular cheddar, and Aldi doesn't have a great range of snacking cheese for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment