Pages - Menu

6.10.14

What I Bought: 4-5 October

My poor blog has been sadly neglected- the weather has been pretty good here, so I've been out! Outside enjoying the sun, seeing friends, you know, having fun! That means my blog has been on the back burner. But I'm back!

On Saturday, we went to Aldi. We tend to shop there more than the other supermarket, as they have less junk food, and more real food- and for better prices too.

We got:
- bag of baby spinach
- about 2kg of beef mince
- dozen free range eggs
- cream
- sour cream
- haloumi
- 4 sugar free energy drinks (Aldi's brand is identical to Red Bull!)
- diet ginger beer
- salami
- asparagus
- canned tomatoes
- broccolini
- red pesto

And for my husband:
- 2kg apples
- 3kg oranges
- 1kg pears
- 1kg of pasta (spaghetti)
- muesli
- swiss chocolate

Total spent: $66.23

Sunday, we decided to take a walk to the markets close to my house. Unfortunately, we missed them due to daylight savings change, but we went to the fruit and vege store that is near there instead. This week, I will definitely be trying to eat more vegetables! The variety that vegetables add to my diet really improve things, and my husband loves them too.

We got:

- a GIANT cabbage (it weighs around 4.8kg!)
- bunch of celery
- handful of snowpeas
- cauliflower
- zucchini
- giant head of fennel
- choy sum (an asian green)
- 3 bunches of bok choy (possibly my favourite vegetable!)
- spring onions

Total spent: $15.40

Then I went on a search for some Botanical Cuisine products I'd heard about on Facebook. I found some at Prahran Convenience, which is an awesome cross between a health food store and American imports!

I got some Cashew Mayonniase to try, because I'm out of mayo, and I'm super curious to try it. I also got some Mint Slice Pudding, and split it with my husband. So delicious! Very much a sometimes treat though.

I spent $18 for both of them, which is a little pricy, but if they are delicious, it's definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment