Pages - Menu

3.2.15

Recipe - Chocolate Nut Slice

I was feeling a little peckish this afternoon. I really wanted somethign a bit sweet and chocolatey to snack on- I've had a lot of cheese for the past few days, so anything but that seemed attractive to me. 

I spied a bag of macadamia nuts that I needed to use up, and this recipe was born!

Ingredients:
130 grams (1 cup) of macadamia nuts
50 grams (1/2 cup) almonds 
30 grams (1/4 cup) sunflower seeds
20 grams (1/4 cup) ground flax
20 grams (1/4 cup) shredded coconut
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablepsoons peanut butter (I used Mayvers Peanut and Cacao spread)
2 T sugar free drinking chocolate ( I used Avalanche Sugar Free mix but you could substitute 1 tablespoon cocoa, and 1 tablespoon (or more) sweetener to taste)

Pulse macadamias and almonds in a food processor, the finer you grind them, the less chunky the bars will be. Add sunflower seeds, flax and coconut.

Melt coconut oil and peanut butter together, stir in chocolate powder and add it to the nuts. Pulse to combine.

Spread mixture in a lined baking dish, and refrigerate for half an hour until set. Cut into 12 equal pieces.

Nutrition Facts
Servings 12.0
Amount Per Serving
Calories 179
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18 g27 %
Saturated Fat 5 g27 %
Monounsaturated Fat 9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 4 mg0 %
Potassium 59 mg2 %
Total Carbohydrate 5g2 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g11 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 4 g7 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium2 %
Iron4 %

No comments:

Post a Comment