Pages - Menu

17.7.14

Grocery Shopping - 12/13 July

I learnt a pretty big lesson this week-  BE PREPARED! I completely forgot to buy more hot dogs, which you can probably see, is my staple lunch food. I ate the last couple on Monday, and on Tuesday there was sort of a panic. It's Thursday now, and I'm sort of enjoying the variety and the challenge of having to come up with something edible for lunch. Yay me!

This week, we didn't go to Costco. It felt weird breaking our routine, but I wasn't tempted to eat any of their hot dogs or pizza, which was a nice change.

We went to Aldi. We got:

Pack of gravy beef (around 600 grams) - $4.81
Beef mince (just over 2kgs) - $10.40
Piece of speck - $3.21
Tub of bocconcini (fresh mozzarella) - $3.69
Sugar free energy drink - $0.99
1kg cheddar cheese - $6
Flaked almonds - $3.29
Jar of Massaman curry paste - $2.49

Plus for my husband:
Vanilla cheesecake: $2.99
Hot dog rolls - $1.49
1kg basmati rice - $2.99
Can of apricots - $2.49
Udon noodles - $1.79
Loaf of bread - $0.99

For a total of $47.60

We then went to the South Melbourne Market. We mostly went for a walk, not to buy anything in particular, and there we got:

Bag of turmips and parsnips - $0.50
Coriander micro greens in a pot - $0.50
Bag of nectarines (around 1.5kg) - $1
Bag of muffins - $1.50
Bag of hamburger buns - $1.50
2 butternut halves - $2

Total spent: $7

So we were WAY under budget, which is nice sometimes, because yay, money saving. But I did struggle a little this week to make tasty keto food, and I can't wait to buy some more hot dogs! It's nice to empty out the freezer a bit, and make our way through the chicken I appear to have been stockpiling. We also had plenty of vegetables, so I guess i didn't do too badly.



No comments:

Post a Comment