Pages - Menu

5.3.14

Day 3 - A Few of My Favourite Keto Meals

Day 3 of my Living Well and Spending Less challenge revolves around meal ideas. According to the official challenge rules, we're supposed to make a list of all the meals we can make from what we have on hand. I like to live a little dangerously, so I'm deviating slightly from the plan. Plus there are MANY things I can do with ground beef, which I have plenty of in the freezer.

I've been ketoing for a pretty long time now, so I've discovered some pretty tasty keto foods.

Keto isn't all bacon! 

Crackslaw is one of my favourites. It's SUPER delicious, and pretty easy to cook. I hardly ever put mushrooms in, but I sometimes add other things- like bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, and even baby corn (which is lower in carbs than you'd think). I add rice or noodles for non-carbers, and shirataki or kelp noodles to make it keto friendly.

Cheesecake Cupcakes are totally rad. They are great for a snack, breakfast AND dessert. Let's face it, we all get sick of bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Salmon patties- these are so simple that you don't need a recipe. Take a can of salmon (I used a 415g/14.5oz can) and add eggs. If you're using a large can like I do, I add 2 eggs. If it's smaller, use one. I also add about 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and some chopped green onions. Mash together, then fry for a couple of minutes each side. Super tasty when dipped in some mayo! This is a really cheap recipe too- it's about $3.50 for 6-8 patties.

Crazing pizza? Try Meatza. It sounds scary (and probably slightly gross. But it's amazing when you're craving pizza!

Got a sweet tooth? Try:
Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies (sub a low carb sweetener for the maple syrup)

No comments:

Post a Comment