Pages - Menu

4.3.14

Day 2 - Living Well and Spending Less Challenge + Keto Snacks


The challenge for Day 2 is organising your kitchen! Pantry, fridge and freezer. This should be pretty easy for me.

I try to keep my pantry pretty organised. I keep a variety of keto friendly things on hand- canned vegetables, snacks, baking supplies, canned fish, nuts, shirataki and kelp noodles. I also have quite a cache of carby food I'm not fond of- pasta, rice, canned beans, and dried fruit. The latter tend to be less organised, since I try to make sure the keto friendly things are very visible to reduced temptation- that means things can be put anywhere (especially if I leave them for someone else to put away). I have amassed quite a collection of sauces, which could certainly do with a tidy up!

My fridge is reasonably tidy too. I get my groceries delivered once a week, so I tend to have a lot of fresh food at the beginning of the week, which gradually gets eaten and the fridge empties by the end of the week. The other big upside of that is that I tend to only buy as much as I need, and there is no going back for topups! Especially this month! 

My freezer is my storage area. I have packages and bags of meat, usually from bigger packs I've split up. I also have a stash of frozen berries, garlic, ginger and chillis, that I've gotten cheap at the market and frozen for later on.

After I've gone through everything, I'll write a meal plan for the rest of the week, including snacks, since I know I am guilty of looking through everything looking for the perfect tasty snack. 

Some of my favourite keto snacks:

Toasted seaweed (I get mine pretty cheap at Asian markets, small packets are good for portion size!)
Flavoured almonds (Blue Diamond are amazing. I picked mine up from Grocery Run but you can make your own, or find other brands!)
String cheese (Bega Stringers are the most popular brand in Australia and New Zealand) These can be a little pricy but are worth it! 
Salami sticks, also known as Twiggy Sticks here in Australia
Jack Links has an awesome range of jerky products, including sticks that are perfect for a snack! I like the Peppered flavour. Teriyaki can have a little too much sugar for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment