Pages - Menu

3.3.14

28 Days of Spending Less and Living Well Challenge!


We here in the Keto Wife household are undergoing a bit of a challenge. 28 days of spending less money!
Sounds easy enough, right? 

As a housewife, shopping is very enticing to me- I get to leave the house and spend time with other adults! And acquire pretty clothes! I love pretty clothes. Almost as much as my husband loves saving money. Seriously, I am married to one of those crazy people who ENJOYS spending less. He'll find this month a piece of cake!

I know it's supposed to be 31 days, but it's already the 3rd of March- I should have started on the first!

I couldn't go cold turkey and spend NO money, because that would be crazy. And we'd starve after the first week. So I'm proposing we stick to the budget we agreed on when we first moved here, six crazy months ago. 


The Budget:
$120 a week on groceries
I know I can do this! I'm keto (low carb, high fat) which means most of my meals revolve around meat. My husband will eat almost anything. Seriously. I once caught him eating a tortilla with gummy bears in it. I've been pretty bad at sticking to my budget- I have a lust for lamb, which means I've been heading back to the supermarket every couple of days to buy more. My pantry is pretty full (and a mess, which I will get around the fixing later in the week), so WE CAN DO THIS. 

$100 a week for entertainment
I don't think I've been able to stick to this since we moved to Melbourne. I don't consider shopping entertainment, but my husband DEFINITELY does. Not that shopping is entertaining to him- it's a form of torture. So, no shopping this month! It'll be a fun challenge to wear things I already own- not really even a challenge, since I own more than enough clothes. And shoes. And accessories. 
I do plan to go see a movie at the French Film Festival, depending how much tickets are. 

Doesn't this movie look sweet?

There are a few other things I need to spend money on this month:
-Skirt hangers
I desperately need some of these, to hang up my skirts and rockabilly petticoat, there is no way that's fitting in the drawer!
- Quality time with the husband
Normally, this is lunch and an activity on a Saturday. My favourite place to eat Keto in Melbourne is Crazy Wings- tasty chargrilled Chinese-style chicken wings. Check out the 2 for 1 deals! Activities are usually something you could vaguely call exercise - cycling, bowling, mini golf. 

A big shout out to Little Runner Girl, whose blog about a minimal spend challenge inspired me to make this post, and she in turn was inspired by Living Well, Spending Less- check both of these ladies out for some sweet money saving ideas!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good luck! *wuggles*

    I will keep your spending in line :P

    ReplyDelete