Pages - Menu

16.3.14

Recipe: Baked Keto Mini Cheesecakes


Last night, I made some AMAZING mini cheesecakes. Baked ones, of course, the other type can barely call themselves cheesecake, honestly.

I hadn't had cheesecake in a while, and I wasn't even sure if I'd like how these turned out. I had 2 tubs of cream cheese in the fridge- yes, cream cheese in Australia usually comes in a tub. I can get Philly cream cheese in a block, but it's a good dollar more expensive, and I don't think it's *that* good, really. I was very very pleasantly surprised. These taste amazing, and the texture is perfect! The only problem is that they are a serious calorie hit, so stick to one a day ;)

Ingredients:
2 packages/tubs of cream cheese (~500grams/18oz)
50 grams of butter
1 cup of almond meal
2 eggs
Sweetener of choice equal to about 1/3 cup
1 teaspoon of vanilla
OR 10 drops of french vanilla flavoured stevia

Melt butter, add almond meal. Press into cupcake liners (I recommend the reusable type). Beat together cream cheese, eggs, sweetener and flavouring. Spoon into cases, and flatten out the tops with a knife.

Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 16-18 mins. The tops should have cracked a little. Sprinkle the tops with a little cinnamon if you'd like. Cool and then keep in the fridge.



These work out to be 4 net carbs each, totally worth it for such tasty cheesecake!


No comments:

Post a Comment