Pages - Menu

12.3.14

Product review - Body Low Carb Lite Bites

So, I slipped up. 

I made a pretty delicious dinner last night- Beef Massaman Curry for my husband, and a nice medium rare steak, topped with salsa and sour cream for myself. I forgot to get something out of the freezer for me to eat today. I had some ham and coffee for breakfast, but by 3pm I was starving! I had to run out to the post office to send something I'd sold to someone online, and the way home I started to feel a bit weird.

I popped into my local corner store, it's a tiny independent one, run by a Korean family, and grabbed a Blood Orange V drink and had a quick look around at their snack options. There was a LOT of chips and chocolate, and then I saw these bites. I decided to buy them and taste test them for you.

I bit into one. It's light brown inside, with a chocolatey coating. First taste is not bad, a little chemical and soy tasting though, but that taste soon goes away. I was surprised, they were't as dry as I had expected (other LC cookie products are like a desert in your mouth) and I had no problems finishing the pack of 6 or 7. yes, I was too busy eating them to count them!

The pink and white packaging is CLEARLY aimed at women, but don't let that put you off, guys. They also come in Strawberry and Cream flavour.

These are pretty good for a snack, providing 231 calories, 20.4g protein, 7.2g fat, 7.8g of fibre, and 3 net carbs. 

Price: around $4, from most supermarkets. I've seen them in chemists, supplement stores and some convenience stores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment