Pages - Menu

12.3.14

Day 7 - A Look Back


Blogging is much harder than I thought it would be! I thought it would be easy to pump out a couple of hundred words on whatever it is that the challenge for the day is, but I find life has other plans.

I am also kinda surprised I made it through the week without shopping! I definitely browsed, (ASOS, you are evil and tempting me), but I did not buy! Round of applause for me, please.

I started tracking everything on MyFitnessPal from Tuesday, a habit I got out of after a few months on Keto. I wish I'd started on Monday! My week looked like this:

Monday: Coffee, leftover meat, string cheese. Crackslaw for dinner with kelp noodles.
Tuesday: Coffee, burger patty with cheese and a fried egg, celery and french onion dip, salami sticks, cookie dough Quest bar, coconut chicken curry with broccoli and green beans.
Wednesday: Coffee, 2 burger patties with cheese, cookie dough Quest bar, toasted seaweed, and taco salad with shirataki 'rice', lots of salsa and sour cream.
Thursday: Coffee, 2 burger patties with salsa, string cheese, celery with dip, chicken breast 'steaks' with kelp noodles in a creamy cheese sauce, and a cookie dough Quest bar.
Friday: Coffee, salami sticks, celery + dip, string cheese, ham, greek yogurt with heavy cream and macadamias, chicken breast steaks and mozzarella.
Saturday: A jerky bar, roast duck and pork belly, shared a 1% sugar Slurpee, string cheese and taco salad with salsa, sour cream and LOTS of cheese.
Sunday: 1/4 rotisserie chicken, ham, string cheese, mini protein bar, 2 kangaroo burgers with cheese and low sugar ketchup, then greek yogurt and heavy cream.

From this menu, you would be able to tell that I only eat one big meal, and that's usually dinner.
I ate out of the house twice- once was on Saturday for lunch (roast duck and pork belly), and on Sunday for lunch (1/4 rotisserie chicken).

You can also tell I tend to have a lot of food I can grab and eat quickly- things like ham, string cheese, celery and dip, Quest bars and leftover burger patties. And coffee, of course! This is definitely a recipe for success, so it means I am less tempted to eat something not so good for me (or my wallet).

I went grocery shopping twice- once on Saturday, and I grabbed a few more things on Sunday while we were out (I had plenty of grocery budget to spare, and I still have some left!)

This is what I bought:
Cream cheese (250g) - $2.75
Shredded mozzarella (600g) - $5.65
Salami (100g) - $3.00
Chicken thigh cutlets (~756g) - $5.66
Beef rump steak (~850g) - $8.18
Beef mince (~1.7kg) - $7.93
Cabbage - $1.25
Frozen green beans (1kg) - $1.79
String cheese (12 pack) - $6.49
Ham (250g) - $5.00
Onion dip (125g) - $1.62
3 litres of almond milk - $2.66*

Also bought:
Carrots (1kg) - $1.88
Scissors - $3.29
(I hate carrots. I never ever have liked them, and they are a bit high in carbs for me. So I feed them to my husband. The same husband who swore black and blue the scissors were lost and couldn't be found anywhere. So I bought a new pair, and 5 mins after we get home, he found the original pair. Sigh.)

*Almond milk was on special, 3 for $3.99 which is a VERY good price. It's normally around $3.65 a litre. We scanned them at the checkout, and they came out as full price. The store checked, and it should have come up at the special price, so we got one of them for FREE, so it only cost us $1.33 each for the other 2 litres of almond milk. I was pretty happy with that saving, since it was only about a minute of waiting.

Total: $57.15

Also bought:
Kangaroo burgers (2 packs of 400g each) - $9.00
Salmon pate (200gm) - $4.80
Celery - $2.98
Asparagus - $1.98
Shirataki noodles - $3.69
Bay leaves - $1.24
Tuna with lemon pepper (1 can) - $0.90
Rotisserie chicken (1/4) - $3.25

Total $27.84

Grand Total: $84.99
Remaining: $35.01

All prices in AUD (Australian Dollars)

I am pretty happy with how my week went. I lost a reasonable amount of weight, stuck to my budget, and was reasonably productive! All three of those things don't usually happen together.

No comments:

Post a Comment